OPEN CUSTODY CASEWORKER (FULL-TIME, CONTRACT)
A full-time, contract position (for approximately one year) is available for an Open Custody Caseworker position at Marjorie Amos Residence. The Open Custody Caseworker is scheduled to work various hours, including 12-hour shifts (days, nights and weekends).
Marjorie Amos Residence is an open detention / custody facility providing services to young women in conflict with the law between the ages of 12-18 years. The residence offers a home environment where young women can explore life patterns, learn new skills and develop positive attitudes with respect to themselves and others in their community. This gender specific program provides the framework for young women to develop self-confidence, self-esteem and interpersonal skills necessary for a balanced and successful life.
• Graduate of a University or College Program in the Social Work / Justice field with 2 years’ experience working with youth. Extensive experience in working with female youth is considered as asset.
• Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS), the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA). Knowledge of Marjorie Amos Residence, Agency and Regional policies and procedures is considered an asset.
• Practical knowledge of Adolescent Development and Behaviour Management Techniques
• Maintains confident assessment, counselling, and case management skills in order to effectively interact with clients utilizing a trauma-informed approach.
• Practical knowledge of gender specific and responsive programming.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of government documentation.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with diverse community groups and other stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent problem solving and leadership skills, with the ability to judiciously handle crisis situations with clients within the residential facility and/or community.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance is required.
• A Vulnerable Sector Search will be required prior to commencement of the position.
• Proficiency in the French language is an asset.
Please submit resumes to Lisa Zanon by Monday April 10th at 4:30 PM. Resumes can be sent by email to email@example.com. Internal applications (current employees, casual staff, students or volunteers) please indicate “internal applicant” in the subject line of your email job description.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the Elizabeth Fry Society of Peel-Halton is committed to accessible hiring practices. Upon request, accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available. If you are applying for this position and require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Casual/Relief Counsellor Positions – Marjorie Amos Residence
All Internal and External Applicants; Lisa Zanon, MANAGER Marjorie Amos Residence; Casual/Relief Counsellor Positions
Casual/relief counsellor, positions are available (no benefits), at Marjorie Amos Residence, an Open Custody/ Detention facility for young women ages 12 –17. The positions are scheduled to work various hours including 12-hour shifts (days, nights and weekends).
The Counsellor qualifications for the position are:
Please submit resumes to Lisa Zanon – firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you are applying for, at the Marjorie Amos Residence. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All successful candidates are required to have completed a Vulnerable Sector Scan upon employment.