Administrative Support Student – Canada Summer Jobs 2018
Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for supporting several individuals and their teams, while ensuring the smooth and effective day to day operations of the department (i.e. Finance, Human Resources, Executive Director)
• Assists in the creation of documents, spreadsheets and presentations for projects and programs
• Assists as needed in the preparation of various presentation materials and the delivery of submission documents including editing, formatting, spelling / grammar checking, copying, and binding
• Writing and scheduling social media posts to help foster Agency visibility and engagement within the community
• Provides assistance on various HR projects by organizing meetings, conducting research and preparing and tracking project documentation
• Auditing the website on a regular basis for content accuracy and working with the Human Resource Administrator and/or IT Coordinator to correct any issues
• Maintains files and filing system
• Assists with special projects and the coordination of social events
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2;
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others
• A demonstrated positive attitude
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 2, 2018 @ 11:59 PM.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Peel-Halton is committed to accessible hiring practices. Upon request, accommodation for applications with disabilities is available. If you are applying for this position and require accommodation, please contact email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs.